Re: [exim] exim ignores maildir++ quota

Top Page
Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim ignores maildir++ quota
Hello,

Juan Bernhard <juan@???> (Fri Jun 3 21:44:10 2011):
> Hello, Im having some troubles to set up maildir++ quotas (using a
> maildirsize file).
> Im using exim with dovecot. I use dovecot to set each user quota. The
> problem is that exim does not respect the established quota limits on
> the maildirsize file. Each time that exim delivers a new mail, it
> replaces the quota limits

As Todd explained, you *have* to have the quota value in your
configuration. The quota and quota_filecount settings are subject to
expansion, thus you might look up the values from some database,
shared (with dovecot) configuration file or whatever.

You can't rely on reading the values from the maildirsize file, because
this file is subject to removal in face of race conditions.

Exim contains code for removing this file, and I think, dovecot does
too. The specification for quota on maildir++ describes the scenario as
well as exim-*/src/transports/tf_maildir.c (the latter is more
understandable, at least for me).

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B