Re: [exim] Confusing Configuration

Top Page
Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Confusing Configuration
On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:17:37PM -0500, John Dieter wrote:
> I have no idea where one would define or undefine CHECK_RCPT_REVERSE_DNS
>
> I also understand there is some magical way to "rebuild" the real conf
> file from all the fake conf files called update-exim4.conf
>
> I'm sure there must be some easy way to turn things on or off for exim4
> without having to run through dpkg-reconfigure and have to guess at
> answers to every single option.
>
> any help?

Certainly; read /usr/share/doc/exim4/README.Debian.gz; if that doesn't answer
your question directly, see the "Getting Support" section, which points
towards the best place to ask questions about using the Debian exim packages.

(Both of your questions are specific to Debian's packaging of exim, rather
than exim itself).

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/