Re: [exim] exim ignores maildir++ quota

Top Page
Author: Todd Lyons
To: juan
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim ignores maildir++ quota
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Juan Bernhard <juan@???> wrote:
> Hello, Im having some troubles to set up maildir++ quotas (using a
> maildirsize file).
> Im using exim with dovecot. I use dovecot to set each user quota. The
> problem is that exim does not respect the established quota limits on
> the maildirsize file. Each time that exim delivers a new mail, it
> replaces the quota limits
>
> I read on the manual that the quota option (appendfile tarnsport) if
> unset, it sets quota to 0 (this is what happend here). But i need exim
> to get the quota limits from this file. Can anyone helpme?

You need to store the value that you want it to use in a config file
or database somewhere. Then when dovecot creates the user, it should
lookup and use that value, and every delivery that exim makes, exim
should lookup this value and use it. You have to do it every delivery
like this so that it can detect when a quota changes and rewrite the
maildirsize file accordingly.

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the