Re: [Exim] 501 Too many syntax or protocol errors

Top Page
Author: Tony Finch
To: Raviraj Jeyanolipavan
CC: exim-users, ph10
Subject: Re: [Exim] 501 Too many syntax or protocol errors
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Raviraj Jeyanolipavan wrote:

> If a mail header has more than 4 malformed address my exim mail hubs
> drop the connection to our Mercury mail severs.
> This cause the mercury mail severs to retry this mail over and over again.
> Is there is any way of increasing the number to a high value or exim to go
> through the rest of the recipients to complete the message.

smtp_max_unknown_commands       Type: integer                      Default: 3  |

    If there are too many unrecognized commands in an incoming SMTP session,   |
    an Exim server drops the connection. This is a defence against some kinds  |
    of abuse that subvert web servers into making connections to SMTP ports;   |
    in these circumstances, a number of non-SMTP lines are sent first.         |

--
Tony Finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/