[Exim] 501 Too many syntax or protocol errors

Top Page
Author: Raviraj Jeyanolipavan
To: exim-users
CC: ph10
Subject: [Exim] 501 Too many syntax or protocol errors
Dear Exim users

If a mail header has more than 4 malformed address my exim mail hubs
drop the connection to our Mercury mail severs.
This cause the mercury mail severs to retry this mail over and over again.

Is there is any way of increasing the number to a high value or exim to go
through the rest of the recipients to complete the message.

Thanks
Ravi

MAIL FROM:ravi@???
250 OK
RCPT TO:ravi@???/sys
501 ravi@???/sys: malformed address: /sys may not follow ravi@???
LOG: SMTP call from arion.king.ac.uk [141.241.53.9] dropped: too many syntax or protocol errors (last command was "RCPT TO:ravi@???/sys")
501-ravi@???/sys: malformed address: /sys may not follow ravi@???
501 Too many syntax or protocol errors

Ravi Jeyanolipavan          Tel: +44(0) 0208 547 8278
Unix Systems Programmer
Kingston University         Fax: +44(0) 0208 547 7170
Room T509
Penrhyn Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Surrey KT1 2EE.