[exim] Web Form on same box as exim4. Getting Could not conn…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jwexler
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Web Form on same box as exim4. Getting Could not connect to SMTP host: 127.0.0.1, port 7396
Hello Folks,

I have been wrestling with configuring both a web form (web server) and
exim4 on the same box, hostname=blackbear.

I have exim4 version 4.71 on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid listening on port 7396 for
web form email (and of course on 25, etc. for the regular stuff).

When I test the web form via Firefox on blackbear, I get the following error
displayed in the browser (error messages location):

"Email sending failed: Could not connect to SMTP host: 127.0.0.1, port:
7396"

However, I do not see any entries in the exim4 log files on blackbear.

When I send to the same exim4 box (blackbear) from another machine
(hostname: snoopy) that is also running the identical web server config,
blackbear's exim4 delivers the message to the appropriate local Maildir on
blackbear without error.

I found the following info at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.71/doc/html/spec_html/ch30.html#SECID146
that says:

"allow_localhost Use: smtp Type: boolean Default: false

When a host specified in hosts or fallback_hosts (see below) turns out to be
the local host, or is listed in hosts_treat_as_local, delivery is deferred
by default. However, if allow_localhost is set, Exim goes on to do the
delivery anyway. This should be used only in special cases when the
configuration ensures that no looping will result (for example, a
differently configured Exim is listening on the port to which the message is
sent)."

I tried different ways to include allow_localhost to solve the issue to no
avail. I also have added 127.0.0.1 as an accepted relay host for the acl
that accepts web form emails on port 7396.

Does anyone know what could be causing such an issue?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

JW