Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Wilson
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX
Hi Jakob,

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

>>> connected via the same physical network. Even in the very unlike case
>>> that there is a transient problem at the time of the connection
>>> attempt to the first address, which does not exist at the time of
>>> second attempt, the delivery will be retried again, multiple times.
>>
>> How do you know whether or not they tried and failed to connect to the
>> primary MX before hitting the backup?
>
> I don't, but that doesn't matter.

I suspect that we are just misunderstanding each other, but what I
understood from your email was that this could happen:

client -> primary MX (fails due to temporary network error, never seen by
     primary)
client -> secondary MX (succeeds and then client is blocked, mail refused)

and later for another message:

client -> primary MX (mail refused due to client still being blocked)

Could this be what happened to relay.rzone.de?

Cheers, Chris.
--