Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX
Dr. Tilo Levante, 2010-06-15 15:58:

> we have the following log entry about the backup MX:
>
> 450 4.1.0 Don't use the Backup MX 'relay.rzone.de' while the Primary MX
> is available - please send your mail to ...
>
> Does exim use the Backup MX if the primary MX is available? Can I
> configure exim to prefer the primary MX?

Can you post the rcpt domain of the message?
rzone.de is the German ISP Strato, but I don't know any domains hosted
there that have relay.rzone.de listed as a MX.
Usually they only have this 10 mailin.rzone.de.

Funny thing is, just two days ago a message from Strato's outbound
relays was blocked on my mailserver because it connected to the second
MX without trying the first one before...