Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Wilson
To: Dr. Tilo Levante
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Strange log entry about backup MX
Hi Tilo,

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Dr. Tilo Levante wrote:

> we have the following log entry about the backup MX:
>
> 450 4.1.0 Don't use the Backup MX 'relay.rzone.de' while the Primary MX
> is available - please send your mail to ...
>
> Does exim use the Backup MX if the primary MX is available? Can I
> configure exim to prefer the primary MX?

Exim should try the primary first, as any MTA should. Sometimes it may
fail to reach the primary, and fall back to the secondary, particularly if
the primary uses greylisting. The secondary is tempfailing the mail,
because *it* thinks the primary is still up, which causes exim to try the
primary again later. Seems fairly normal and OK to me.

Cheers, Chris.
--