Re: [exim] SMTP authentication problem

Top Page
Author: Cerephim
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP authentication problem

Keith Martin-4 wrote:

> What is happening is that we are using Exim (4.69) to relay email to
> another
> server, which requires SMTP authentication.

I'm attempting to do a similar thing, but have no clue where to start. What
did you have to do to set up smtp-authentication when Exim is a client.

My Linux servers are in a corporate environment, using Exchange as the
corporate mail server. I'm using the Exchange server as a smarthost and
relaying all email to the Exchange server. I'm not downloading any mail.
Mostly I'm mailing out log files, and alerts.

The Exchange admin wants the users on the Linux box to use
smtp-authenication to authenticate to the Exchange box prior to sending
email to the destination (India) via the internet.

How do I set up smtp-authentication in Exim? Via the exim.conf file?
Inline with the 'mail' command?

Thanks in advance!