Re: [exim] Diagnosing delay in retrying

Top Page
Author: Paul Warren
To: Lena
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Diagnosing delay in retrying

On 2 Oct 2009, at 12:20, Lena@??? wrote:

>> Exim then appears to refuse to retry for an unreasonably long period
>> of time. For example, exim successfully sends a mail at 20:54. It
>> then receives a number of time outs up to 20:58. Then, it does not
>> appear to retry until 04:57 the following morning
>
> Which Exim version are you using? If not 4.69 then upgrade,
> AFAIR it's a known bug fixed in version 4.67.

Thanks for the reply. We're actually on 4.62.

Is this the fix you're referring to:

"PH/19 Change 4.64/PH/36 introduced a bug: when
address_retry_include_sender
       was true (the default) a successful delivery failed to delete
the retry
       item, thus causing premature timeout of the address. The bug is
now
       fixed."

(from ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/ChangeLogs/ChangeLog-4.67
)

If so that shouldn't affect us (wrong version and we don't set that
option), although I suspect we should upgrade anyway.

thanks,

Paul