Re: [exim] Exim configuration syntax highlighting for joe

Top Page
Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim configuration syntax highlighting for joe
jori.hamalainen@??? wrote:
> I got tired of single-color-hard-to-read-text on editor when configuring
> exim - so I quickly implemented in syntax highlighting into joe (Joe's
> Own Editor) state machine. However working with Exim config file is not
> that simple, as configuration syntax is not the best possible. This
> highlighting works at least with Joe-3.7

*snip* (the details)...

Funny you should find the colorizing feature of joe beneficial.

After using joe for ages, I now keep pico, nano, or mined handy because
colorizing makes text too hard to read (for me).

> So please consider as feature request to standardize syntax to use $ for all
> varibles and everywhere.
>
> Example "what-you-see"
> http://www.jori.ws/images/exim_syntax_hl.gif
>
> BR,
> Jori

There is a method to the use of a leading '$' (or not) w/r variables.

Not sure a change would be a good thing.

*snip* (joe configuration details)

Bill