[exim] Guidance on rate limiting

Top Page
Author: Graham Butler
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [exim] Guidance on rate limiting
Could anybody guide me on the following bit of code for Exim (ver 4.68). It is designed as a 'test only' at this stage, until I can get the numbers right

Does the ratelimit command updates its stats every time it is called, if so do I need to use the no update options on any subsequent use.

Any other comments will be gratefully accepted.

# ------------------------- Rate limit section ---------------------------

# System-wide rate limit 10 per 1 sec (36,000 per hour)
        warn    ratelimit       = 10 / 1s / $primary_hostname
                log_message     = System rate limit exc$sender_rate / $sender_rate_period

# Rate limit remote servers 20 emails per 10 mins (60 per hour)
        warn   ratelimit        = 20 / 10m / strict
                hosts           = !+relay_from_hosts
                senders         = !lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/ratelimit_whitelist.txt
                log_message     = Remote sender rate limit $sender_rate / $sender_rate_period

# Rate limiting per local server 1000 per 1 hour (1000 per hour)
        warn   ratelimit        =  1000/ 1h / strict
                hosts           = +relay_from_hosts
                senders         = !lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/ratelimit_whitelist.txt
                log_message     = Local sender rate limit $sender_rate / $sender_rate_period

# Per user rate limiting 100 per hour (100 per hour)
        warn    ratelimit       = 100 / 1h / per_rcpt / strict
                senders         = !lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/ratelimit_whitelist.txt
                log_message     =  Per user sender rate limit $sender_rate / $sender_rate_period

Many thanks,

Graham Butler
Email:g.butler@???