Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support

Top Page
Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-dev
New-Topics: Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support
On fredagen den 28 september 2007, Tom Kistner wrote:
> I have added preliminary DKIM support to Exim in CVS. If anyone feels
> adventurous, please try these 2 tarballs:
>
> http://duncanthrax.net/exim-experimental/exim-4.69-cvssnap-2007-09-28.tar.g
>z http://duncanthrax.net/exim-experimental/libdkim-1.0.15-tk.tar.gz
>
> The former is a current CVS snapshot of Exim. The latter is a forked
> version of ALT-N's libdkim that you will need to install.
>
> I've put docs in exim-experimental.spec and also here:
>
> http://wiki.exim.org/DKIM

Interesting solution with ${lookup dkim{domain.example}}. I'm not sure I like
it though. No other lookup depends on a current message as context. Couldn't
it be done with verify = dkim/domain.example, and the result is an expansion
variable? It should be possible to specify a full email address, with the
default value being ${address:$rh_From:}.

Also, I'd like a simple way to get a list of signatures, so you know what you
can check. And have you thought about what I wrote about Third-party
Signatures? The idea is that you provide Exim with a list of trusted signers,
who can certify that an earlier signature was valid when they checked it. For
Exim to play its part in this, it must delete all invalid signatures before
adding its own. Does your code do this?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)