Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field

Top Page
Author: paul.mcilfatrick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field
>> My search of the pdf file found mention of the $h_subject variable.
>>
>> Is this variable available in Exim?
>
> $h_HEADERNAME: contain the various headers and is case insensitive.
> Eg: $h_subject: and $h_SUBJECT: and $h_Subject: all equal the same
> thing.

I have searched the v4.6x spec pdf file for $h_HEADERNAME but it wasn't
found. Where is this all documented?

> These variables are only accessible in the data acl and the routers.

Before you replied, I tried the following in the data acl:

warn condition = ${if eq {${strlen:$h_subject}} {0}}

but then got this error for several e-mails:

failed to expand ACL string "${if eq {${strlen:$h_subject}} {0}}":
missing 2nd string in {} after "eq"

Can e-mails arrive without a subject field as opposed to an empty
subject field?

Paul