Re: [exim] Problems with colons in addresses

Top Page
Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jim Cheetham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with colons in addresses

On 7 Jun 2011, at 20:11, Jim Cheetham wrote:

> On 08/06/11 02:14, W B Hacker wrote:
>> jh@??? wrote:
>>> Jim Cheetham, 2011-06-07 11:55:

>>> That's not sneaking in, it's just quoting. His MUA probably dit it for
>>> him.
>
> Very well -- then why does Exim reject the first form, but leave it up
> to my configuration to reject the second form?

A local part with a colon that is not quoted in SMTP is a syntax error according to the RFCs so exim will reject it.

If you quote the local part then its a valid local part.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]