Re: [pcre-dev] 'Hard' partial matching don't work with some …

Top Page
Author: Philip Hazel
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 'Hard' partial matching don't work with some assertions
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, ND wrote:

> 'want to check next symbol'. Yes, all of my examples are lookahead
> assertions.

To check "$", there is no need to check another character. It just
checks whether there *is* another character. Similarly, even something
like (?!A) will fail if there are no more characters. It does not need
to know the value of the next character.

> understand that it fits to present PCRE behaviour. But I propose to change
> this behaviour

PCRE is free, open source software. Please feel free to modify the code
any way you want to!

Philip

--
Philip Hazel