Re: [pcre-dev] 'Hard' partial matching don't work with some …

Top Page
Author: Philip Hazel
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 'Hard' partial matching don't work with some assertions
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, ND wrote:

> Hi!
>
> PCRE 8.10
>
> Patterns: '\z', '$', '(?!\A)\b' successfully matches with partial 'hard'
> option against subject string '1'. I think this is wrong behaviour. I
> waits 'PCRE_ERROR_PARTIAL' instead.

That behaviour agrees with the documentation:

A partial match occurs if the end of the subject string is reached
successfully, but there are not enough subject characters to complete
the match.

In your examples, there *are* enough subject characters to complete the
match (because it doesn't need any subject characters at all).

I'm afraid I don't see what you are wanting here. The pattern has
completely matched, after all.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel