[exim] Run a Program from within Exim

Top Page
Author: David Cunningham
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Run a Program from within Exim
Hi All,

Sorry if I am repeating something already asked. I searched the
archive before sending this question and found only one thread that
appears to be related, but does not seem to work.

The short of the story is that I need exim to execute another program
upon the delivery of an email and send that program the following
string:

"/var/spool/maildirs/${substr_0_10:$tod_log}/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir/new"

For example, I tried adding a condition to my local_delivery transport
that looked like this:

condition = {run echo
"/var/spool/maildirs/${substr_0_10:$tod_log}/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir"
>> /dev/shm/temp.file}{0}{1}

In this example I am simply trying to echo that string to a file in
/dev/shm. I do not get an error in my logs, but I also do not get
this file.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!