Re: [exim] SOLVED A cryptic clue

Pàgina inicial
Autor: exim.ml@riotm.co.uk
CC: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] A cryptic clue
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SOLVED A cryptic clue
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:28 +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> --On 12 March 2010 18:54:52 +0000 exim.ml@??? wrote:
>
> > I'm not green with mail servers, but this one is new to me:
> >
> > 550 Sender address belongs to a non-trusted organisation [macl]
> >
> > I'm told it's Exim but I'm not sure of the cause. It is given at the
> > rcpt to stage and I'm suspecting some kind of acl from the message.
>
> It's a custom message. It says that it's rejected the message because it
> doesn't like the sender address, presumably the domain. The implication is
> that only senders from trusted organisations are accepted for the
> recipient. We have a rule like that for our ticket tracking software, for
> example.
>
> It's common to ignore the sender address until RCPT TO, in case the
> recipient is postmaster. So, you could email postmaster@ and ask the
> question there.
>
> > Can anyone suggest a reason or further reading?
>

> --
> Ian Eiloart
> IT Services, University of Sussex
> 01273-873148 x3148
> For new support requests, see http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/help/

Thank you Ian (and others who replied) it was, indeed, an access list
set on purpose to do just what it was doing.

As for my own progress I've installed Exim under a Cent Virtual Box and
I'm currently doing round one 'ding ding' with Phillip Hazel's book (so
far the book is winning......)