Re: [exim] Duplicate Mail

Top Page
Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Duplicate Mail

--On 20 January 2009 16:55:18 +0000 Paul Collins <paul.c@???>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can somebody tell me if it is possible to do the following. We would like
> to duplicate all incoming and outgoing mail via are exim server to
> another mail as well as the original mail server. What this means is that
> we can active set of users with mailboxes and another set of users
> mailboxes on a backup sever.

You can do that with shadow transports. Check the docs for details.

Are you sure that you want to do this, though. If you deploy the backup
server, your users will suddenly find that all the email they've ever
deleted will disappear. Also, their mailbox structures may be different (if
you use IMAP or Exchange). Mail clients may be confused as they try to
synch with the server.

What mailstore do you use? People here may have better suggestions for
backups, but it is a bit off topic for this list.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex