Re: [exim] helo_data syntax

Góra strony
Autor: Jason Cornell
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] helo_data syntax
Hi

> What have you actually got helo_data set to within your transport ?

To answer your question directly - nothing yet - which is the problem, I
don't fully understand the syntax it should be in ie is the value of $host
picked up from elsewhere or does it default to the local hostname etc.

To give the bigger picture, we have 2 mail gw servers running exim which
then deliver mail to a smarthost.
We than have other localhosts using exim (sendmail symlinked) to send mail
to the gw's.

The primary_hostname is set for each localhost but the issue comes where
the non-global zones come in.

Currently our remote_smtp transport is as default:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

Jason.

"John Burnham" <jpb15@???>
Sent by: exim-users-bounces@???
03/09/2007 15:50

"exim users" <exim-users@???>
cc

Subject
Re: [exim] helo_data syntax

> My understanding was using the helo_data option in the remote_smtp
> transport would help pickup the local hostname sending the
> email rather
> than the global zone hostname.

What have you actually got helo_data set to within your transport ?
John