Re: [exim] forward mail > exchange 2003

Top Page
Author: Jason Meers
To: Remco Zwaan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] forward mail > exchange 2003
Integrating Exim with Microsoft Exchange

You can find a paper from the 2005 exim conference here:

http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/papers/jason-meers.htm
http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/jason-meers.pdf

I am still working on an update to this paper with other members on the
list but its not completely finished yet. E-mail me direct if you have
any questions or want a copy of the new paper.

Thanks
Jason Meers

----

The paper discusses a method for removing the risks associated with
presenting Microsoft Exchange directly to the Internet. It addresses
issues for administrators who must use Exchange in a corporate
environment, but have concerns over its ability to protect the valuable
resources it holds, or its ability to provide advanced routing and
filtering of messages before delivery.

The tutorial shows a real-life example of Exim in use as an SMTP gateway
to an internal Exchange server, providing a level of separation from
Internet based enumeration tactics and exploits.

The tutorial provides a mechanism for:

  * Proving temporary redirection by Domain.
  * Providing permanent redirection by email address.
  * Restricting the domains allowed for relay and delivery.
  * Restricting IP addresses allowed for relay and delivery.
  * Sending and receiving mail via a dedicated appliance or third party
    Virus/Spam/Porn scanning service such as Messagelabs.