Re: [exim] Limit number of recipients

Top Page
Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Limit number of recipients
On 5 May 2005 at 12:47, Tony Finch wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Limit number of recipien":

| On Thu, 5 May 2005, Ron McKeating wrote:
| >
| > recipients_max_reject
|
| You almost certainly don't want to use this.

Why not?

| You should instead check the
| number of recipients in the predata or data ACLs and reject the whole
| message, rather than just the last few recipients.

ISTM that's exactly the effect you get when you set recipients_max to
a value and and recipients_max_reject to TRUE. And that's what the
OP says he wants:

| is it possible to
| tell exim to only accept an email if it is for less than say 100
| recipients ?

So I don't get why you and Edgar think the OP should not set
recipients_max_reject. What am I missing?

- Fred