[Exim] lookup_open_max against unintential caching?

Top Page
Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] lookup_open_max against unintential caching?
Hello,

I currently have the problem, that exim doesn't recognize changes in a
textfile used with lsearch. While everything is fine with exim -bt
testing and even some tests with real smtp-sessions seem to work, I got
informed by some customers, that changes don't apply recently after the
file for the lsearch-lookup is changed. When I looked through the
documentation I found lookup_open_max, but this is only about concurrent
open filehandles, not cache timeout or refresh. Changes that are done
during a smtp-session don't have to result in a new lookup. But with
every new smtp-session, the most current file shall be used (and in the
end it's always the same filename). Do I have to set lookup_open_max to
0 so that nothing is cached? I mean: Within one smtp-session or one
routing and transport is fairly well to have caching, but only as long
as changes are used in new smtp-sessions.

Regards
Marten