[Exim] Connection throttling?

Top Page
Author: Bob Tanner
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Connection throttling?
Is there a way to throttle the number of connections an IP address makes to
exim _while_ always allowing a subset of IPs to connect?

The problem I have is my secondary MX hosts are being pounded by the spammers,
so I turned down my smtp_accept_max and smtp_accept_max_per_host.

Now my logs show

2003-10-29 19:53:35 Connection from <legit IP> refused: too many connections

I'd like to throttle the number of connection for all IPs, but always allow
connections from a subset of known IP blocks to get through.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@???>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500