[Exim] 2003-07-30 11:28:47 socket bind() to port 25 for addr…

Top Page
Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 2003-07-30 11:28:47 socket bind() to port 25 for address 146.232.128.43 failed:
I am trying to set up a test machine for spam filtering by duplicating
mail delivery for a specific user from machine A (146.232.128.43) to
machine B where spamassassin is installed. There is something wrong
with my configuration which causes the following error
message in /var/log/exim4/mainlog on the machine B.:

---------------------
2003-07-30 11:32:17 socket bind() to port 25 for address
146.232.128.43 failed:
Cannot assign requested address: waiting before trying again
2003-07-30 11:32:47 socket bind() to port 25 for address
146.232.128.43 failed:
Cannot assign requested address: daemon abandoned
-----------------------

I don't know where to look for this mistake and would appreciate some
help please.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in
      burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the
      voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than
      sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."
                                     I Samuel 15:22